Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chicken Cacciatore


I had some chicken breasts I needed to cook, but was tired of the normal way, so I decided to try it this way. Simmered in tomato sauce and serve over spaghetti. I wasn't expecting too much, because I only had some basic ingredients, but it turned out really good and tender and the kids loved it. They were very large breasts, so they each got a half. Next time I will add some mushrooms, green pepper, buy some Italian seasoning and make more of the sauce. We barely had enough of the sauce.

4 chicken breasts
salt, pepper, oil and flour
1 26oz can tomato sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
dried oregano and basil
Parmesan cheese, grated
thin spaghetti noodles

Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Saute in oil in a large frying pan until golden brown, 4-5 min each side. Remove to a 9x13 pan. Saute onion and garlic for a few minutes in the same pan and add tomato sauce. Season with dried spices, ( i will use 1 teasp. Italian seasoning next time) and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken and cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Make spaghetti and serve sprinkling parm on top. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you took a picture before everything was consumed. Yum...looks so good. Why don't you just move here and be our cook?