Friday, September 12, 2008

Homemade Fresh Salsa

So I got tired of store bought salsa, and wanted to try to make my own. Most salsas seemed to have too much vinegar in there or something and I was missing the fresh taste. So here's what I came up with. My husband loves it. It is easy and fast to make, just make sure you have fresh, ripe ingredients. This is not a chunky salsa. And if you want it hotter, add in a Serrano pepper to the food processor.

8 vine ripe tomatoes - quartered

2 jalapenos - just cut the top off, keep the seeds in!

3 cloves of garlic - rough chop

juice of 1 lime

1 medium onion - diced

2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

1/2 cup cilantro - chopped

salt and pepper

In a food processor, combine tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic and lime juice. Blend. In a skillet, heat oil and saute onions til translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add tomato mixture and simmer, reducing it by about half. Let cool and then add in cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!


Peakah said...

my mouth is watering...

Wyatt Earp said...


Welcome to the blogosphere, ma'am. Consider yourself linked!