Friday, September 12, 2008

Homemade Fresh Salsa


So I got tired of store bought salsa, and wanted to try to make my own. Most salsas seemed to have too much vinegar in there or something and I was missing the fresh taste. So here's what I came up with. My husband loves it. It is easy and fast to make, just make sure you have fresh, ripe ingredients. This is not a chunky salsa. And if you want it hotter, add in a Serrano pepper to the food processor.


8 vine ripe tomatoes - quartered

2 jalapenos - just cut the top off, keep the seeds in!

3 cloves of garlic - rough chop

juice of 1 lime

1 medium onion - diced

2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

1/2 cup cilantro - chopped

salt and pepper


In a food processor, combine tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic and lime juice. Blend. In a skillet, heat oil and saute onions til translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add tomato mixture and simmer, reducing it by about half. Let cool and then add in cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Peakah said...

my mouth is watering...

Buckaroo Banzai said...

MRS. PEAK!!!

Welcome to the blogosphere, ma'am. Consider yourself linked!